Planned Preventative Maintenance Packages
Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) is the most important part of ensuring the correct running of your systems, and will reduce time spent on inconvenient, expensive call-outs. It is proven that regular maintenance of equipment will greatly reduce the number of breakdowns. At Franklyn Air, we believe the piece of mind our PPM contracts offer our customers is invaluable.
What do I need to know about maintenance?
Your air conditioning system should be maintained and serviced by a professional on a regular basis to ensure that it is running properly and no faults are present. The Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) requires that all air conditioning systems should be inspected at least every five years. All air conditioning units also come with a manufacturer’s warranty which requires that you have your units maintained, so it is important to ensure that this is done to avoid any problems with the validity of the warranty. This can require a higher frequency of checks than the EPBD guidelines. Lastly, the European Union’s F-gas Regulation (No 842/2006), which came into force on 4 July 2007, requires that you ensure that leak detection is carried out on a regular basis. For more information, see our Go Green page.
Our maintenances and service packages provide:
- Certification that the system has been leak tested
- A full report detailing all equipment serviced with dates and findings
- Notification of any forthcoming services (approximately a week before the service is due)
- A full service by our fully-qualified air conditioning engineers
- Priority call-out response (on applicable packages)
- A full service history for individual units, backed up to our maintenance server.